Milan, May 11st, 2017 – A European challenge for Italian startups and SME’s working on innovative and sustainable solutions in the agri-food system. In an extremely synthetic way, this is the meaning of the #CallForGrowth on Precision Farming launched by growITup, the Open Innovation hub created by Cariplo Factory in collaboration with Microsoft, and New Holland, a brand of CNH Industrial and international leader in production, sale and assistance of agricultural machinery.
A call for startups and SME’s operating in the agri-food system eager to contribute to the Open Innovation platform created by New Holland with its innovative know-how. Technology and agriculture is a combination that becomes ever closer and generates increasing benefits both in terms of final product quality and in terms of optimization of production processes. To speed up this process, New Holland has created an open data platform that can interact with third-party systems through web APIs. The goal of this platform is to help farmers manage and effectively plan their activities thanks to the knowledge of an increasing number of information.
Startups and SME’s can apply before June 6th to one of the six categories of interest, reflecting the most relevant topics for the Service Delivery Platform:
• Farm Management (Task/planning, reporting, data visualization, livestock, etc.)
• Accounting (Finance, administration, personal management, etc.)
• Precision Agriculture (Mapping, VRA, Yield monitoring, etc.)
• Agronomy (Crop health, weather, weed/pest control, irrigation, etc.)
• Legal (Regulations, Legal documentation)
• Food Traceability (Food quality, Certifications)
Download Press Release CS growITup CallForGrowth_eng